Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation Releases Texas Wild Album Vinyl, Available Just in Time For Holiday Season
Full Album Featuring More Than 15 Texas Artists Now Available in Select Record Stores and Streaming Platforms
Austin, Texas – November 28, 2023 – Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation (TPWF), which launched the Texas Wild album project in May of 2023, announced today the release of its full album on vinyl available in select record stores later this week. It will also be available at State Park stores across Texas. The album includes covers of beloved Texas songs by well-known and rising Texas artists. The limited-edition vinyl album hits stores just in time for the holiday season, making the perfect gift for any music lover. Proceeds from the album sales will benefit the Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation.
The concept behind the Texas Wild album marries Texas music and history through the lens of creative artists across generations, with the end goal of supporting the TPWF mission to conserve the natural and cultural resources of Texas for the use and enjoyment of present and future generations.
The Texas Wild limited-edition vinyl album will be available for purchase in Texas State Park stores and in select record shops including Good Records in Dallas and Record Town in Fort Worth, with vinyls available later this week at Southtown Vinyl in San Antonio, Cactus Music in Houston, Waterloo Records and End of an Ear Records in Austin and more locations to be announced soon. For those who don’t own a record player, Texas Wild is also available on streaming platforms such as Spotify, Apple Music and Amazon Music.
“At the outset of this project, it was hard to fathom just how amazing the album would turn out,” said Phil Lamb, TPWF’s Director of Philanthropy. “It’s far beyond what we could have ever imagined, and it was an unforgettable collaborative and creative journey. The album will forever live on in support of Texas’ wild things and wild places, and we are eternally grateful to all who have been on this journey with us.”
The full track listing of Texas Wild is as follows:
- Fat Tony featuring Paul Wall – “(Hey Baby) Que Paso”
- Original Track: Sir Douglas Quintet
- The Texas Gentlemen – “(That’s Right) You’re Not From Texas”
- Original Track: Lyle Lovett
- Shane Smith and The Saints featuring Hayes Carll – “Pancho and Lefty”
- Original Track: Townes Van Zandt
- Luna Luna – “Si Una Vez”
- Original Track: Selena Quintanilla
- Ryan Bingham – “Possum Kingdom”
- Original Track: Toadies
- The Suffers – “My Maria”
- Original Track: B.W. Stevenson
- Shakey Graves featuring Jess Williamson – “True Love Will Find You in the End”
- Original Track: Daniel Johnston
- Sir Woman featuring Ray Wylie Hubbard – “Texas Sun”
- Original Track: Khruangbin and Leon Bridges
- Adrian Quesada featuring Uncle Roy & Spice and The Soul Supporters – “Say My Name”
- Original Track: Destiny’s Child
- Sarah Jaffe – “Angel Flying Too Close to the Ground”
- Original Track: Willie Nelson
- Toadies – “Since U Been Gone”
- Original Track: Kelly Clarkson”
The Texas Wild album exclusively features Texas musicians, both well-known and rising stars, as they pay tribute to classic Texas tunes. The album blends traditional Texas genres like blues, cumbia and country with modern sounds like hip-hop, R&B and electronica. The album is sponsored by notable Texas brands Rambler Sparkling Water and Tecovas. The release also features four unique, block-print-style artworks by Texas illustrator Mishka Westell. Butler, a branding studio in Austin, also collaborated on the project’s concept and design.
About Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation:
Since 1991, Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation has raised and invested more than $235 million to advance Texas’ proud outdoor traditions and conserve our state’s wildlife, habitat and natural resources. Our vision is for all Texans to have access to the wild things and wild places of our state, both now and for generations to come. For more information, please visit www.tpwf.org.