Benefits may include:
- Income tax savings—For stock or mutual fund shares held more than one year, you are entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction for the fair market value of the stock at the time of donation. For stock or mutual fund shares held less than one year, you are entitled to a federal income tax charitable deduction for the lesser of cost basis or fair market value of the stock at the time of donation.
- Capital gains tax savings—For stock or mutual fund shares held more than one year, eliminate capital gains taxes, which could be up to 20%, that you would have incurred had you sold them.
- Conservation support—Provide crucial support to Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation at a lower cost than if you had made a gift of cash.
Stock or mutual fund shares can be used to fund any of the following gift types:
- An outright gift
- A transfer upon death (TOD) account*
- A gift in your will or living trust
- Establish a fund
- A charitable remainder trust
- A charitable lead trust
*State laws govern transfer upon death accounts. Please consult with your bank representative or investment advisor if you are considering this gift.
Prior to making a gift of stock or mutual fund shares, please notify Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation with the following information so that we can identify your gift and ensure it is properly transferred:
Number of shares
Name of the stock or fund
For detailed information, including the contact and account information below, download this pdf and return by fax, email or mail.
Contact and Account Information
Texas Parks and Wildlife Foundation
2914 Swiss Avenue
Dallas, TX 75204
Receiving Broker: Northern Trust, NA
DTC #: 2669
Address: Chicago, IL
Receiving Account: Texas Parks & Wildlife Foundation
Receiving Account Number: #44-69802
Contact Information: Matt Bradford at 602-468-2526